Thursday, April 7, 2011

TUMBLR

Recently I've been seeing a lot of posts about "Tumblr" on both Twitter and Facebook. I first came across the website from my friend Jaclyn who has a Tumblr and constantly updates it and posts about it on Facebook. Within the past week or so I feel like I'm constantly seeing tweets and Facebook statuses that have to do with this up and coming "blogging method". When I first saw Jaclyn's, I didn't really undertand what the purpose of her Tumblr was. So today I decided to look into it more.

One of the first things I came across when looking at the "About" section on the Tumblr website was a quote from the Telegraph website in the UK.

"Weblogs? Been there, done that. Facebook? It's full of kids. Twitter? That's so 2006, darling. No, the smart thing to be doing online these days is tumblelogging, which is to weblogs what text messages are to email - short, to the point, and direct."

According to the creators of Tumblr, "Tumblr lets you effortlessly share anything. Post text, photos, quotes, links, music, and videos, from your browser, phone, desktop, email, or wherever you happen to be. You can customize everything, from colors, to your theme's HTML."

Tumblr was also voted one of President Barack Obama's top 5 tech tools according to PC World.

Not only can you access it from your home computer, you can update and search the website via smartphones.

I think this social media platform that I have currently become educated about is going to make a big impact on the whole social media thing that our society currently has going on. Although I don't think it will take over Facebook and Twitter, I think it will come really close to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment