Monday, April 25, 2011

PETA

The first time I ever heard of PETA's "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur" campaign was on Keeping Up With the Kardashians when Khloe was asked to pose nude for them. While surfing the web I came across another campaign done by PETA, the action being named "None of us would like to end up like this.. neither would other-than-human animal". I was SHOCKED to see the extent that animal activists would go to. For this campaign, four people were laying naked on styrofoam trays with plastic covering them trying to imitate packaged meat from the grocery store. I believe in standing up for what you beleive in but I think this method that they used was too extreme. It was a great way to advertise PETA because it was so outrageous but I think that the line was crossed with this idea. PETA's "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur" campaign seemed to me like it was extremely effective due to the amont of celebrities that they were able to get to pose nude for them.






No comments:

Post a Comment